Did you delete an email by mistake, or discover you need to see an email you deleted weeks ago? No problem! We offer several options to restore recently deleted emails.
First, check your Trash folder. Most mail programs (and our webmail) move emails to the Trash when you click to delete them. Each message is purged from the Trash folder on our system after 30 days (duration subject to change). Some mail programs may put these messages in a folder named Deleted Items or Deleted Messages, but we recommend updating their settings to use Trash, since that is the folder our webmail uses, and that helps you keep deleted emails stored and treated consistently across all your devices and applications.
Second, check the Deleted Items. This is a hidden folder of all emails deleted in the past 30 days (duration subject to change). To view and restore your deleted items:
- Log in to webmail https://webmail.prxy.com/
- Right click the Trash folder, or click the small triangle next to the folder name. Either will show you a drop-down menu.
- Select Recover Deleted Items.
- Scroll through the list to find the messages you wish to recover. You may also enter the email address (to or from) or subject of the messages you wish to recover in the text box at the top of the list and click Search.
- With the desired messages selected, click Recover To.
- Select the mail folder where you wish to store these messages and click Ok. This window also lets you search for the folder (start typing in the text box at the top) or create a new folder (click New at the bottom left) just like the Move Messages feature in webmail.
- Repeat from step 4 for any additional messages.
Third, you may request an "undelete" by contacting our support. We can restore any emails deleted during a specified period of time over the past 90 days (duration subject to change). We just need to know the date range (or ask for all available for the full 90 days)
Finally, you may request a full restore of the account to any date and time in the past 90 days (duration subject to change), including accounts that have been deleted during that time. Domain email hosting must have an available account in the plan. Personal email users may have a restore kept temporarily at no charge, not to exceed one week.
If you are having trouble finding what you need, please contact support so we may assist!